Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy birthday to me

Today is my birthday, and I spent the day with my family. Jeff gave me an early present last night - a new camera - so I played with it a lot today. My mom took me out for lunch this afternoon to Thai Ruby, which was really nice, and the food was delicious. Tonight my friends Kirsten & Wilson and their daughter Lorelei joined Jeff and I and the kids, and my parents for dinner at Rainforest Cafe. I had to stand on a chair when the wait staff came to sing happy birthday to me. Our waiter handed me two snowcone cups and had me put them in my mouth like a beak, and then I had to hold two to-go boxes and flap my arms like a bird. Seriously! I really think he came up with this on the spot to try to embarrass me, but I was a good sport at played along. Also because he told me if I took the beak out of my mouth while they were singing that they'd stop and start all over again. It was pretty funny. At the end of dinner a balloon lady came around and Tyler had her make me a beautiful crown (see below...) It was a fun night! Thanks go everyone who celebrated with me. I had a good day!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday! A new camera? Have you grown out of your "old" one already?