Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Run Rocklin 5k
Sunday I participated in an organized running event for the first time in almost five years. I ran the Rocklin 5k with friends from my moms group - Annie, Dorothy, Mabel, Monica, Nicole and Shehmai. We'd been running a couple times a week (while pushing kids in the stroller!) for over a month to get ready for it, using Nicole's Couch 2 5k program. Race day came quickly. My goal was to be able to keep a steady pace to run the whole 3.1 miles and finish strong. I was proud to be able to meet my goal! And I am really proud of my mommy friends for signing up for this and making it to the finish line with such strength! We are planning to continue running through the summer and even do a half marathon in the fall! Congrats, everyone! Way to go!!! Looking forward to more runs and picnics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
kelly~ I'm so proud of you! How on earth do you find time to do it all? When I have my kiddos I am going to need some training!
Post a Comment